The Chancellor announced:
- £400 million additional support for offshore wind projects.
- doubling the funding commitment to support four Carbon Capture and Storage demonstration projects, enabling £14 billion of investment;
- ensure the UK is ready to face the challenges of the transition to a low carbon economy by creating Infrastructure UK;
- £140 million of additional venture capital for innovative low-carbon businesses.
- the Greener Boiler Incentive scheme offering £400 to households with the least efficient working boilers to upgrade to the highest efficiency models, saving households around £230 a year in energy bills;
- £200 million more for Warm Front and increasing energy company support for the poorest from £150 million to £300 million each year by 2013-14.
In addition enhanced capital allowances are announced for electric vans, as well as reduced company car tax for electric vehicles.